[3830] ARRLDX SSB V31TR M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB V31TR M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:02:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: V31TR
Operator(s): W8JWN,W9MDP, NZ9Z, WB9OBX, N9AQW
Station: V31TR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:   98    38
   80:  330    54
   40:  573    55
   20: 1367    60
   15: 1516    55
   10:  659    51
-------------------
Total: 4543   313  Total Score = 4,265,877

Club: NEWDXA

Comments:

Rig : TS850S, Ameritron ALS 600 amp.

Antennas : Cushcraft A3S at 30 feet, Butternut 80-40 vertical, 160 meter
vertical T

N1MMLogger

         Soapbox : For our first contest on the DX side and limited contest
experience for four of the five ops, this was a great experience.
                   Tom, W8JWN, operated about 37 of the 44 hours that V31TR was
on the air.  He tried for four more hours but collapsed on the couch in the wee
hours both  nights.
                   Thanks to the limited 10 meter opening on Sunday, we improved
from 18 contacts on Saturday to 641 on Sunday afternoon.  It was a steady stream
of US/VE calls for three hours.  Intentional jamming didn't bother us at all.
                   We were disappointed that we didn't work FL and LA on 10
meters for WAS. After tasting the DX side of a contest, the urge to do it again
is huge!