[3830] WiQP K8IR/M Multi-Op Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP K8IR/M Multi-Op Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:13:22 -0800
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: K8IR/M
Operator(s): K8IR KG8CX
Station: K8IR/M

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   12      0
   40:  432     18
   20:  110      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  554     18  Mults = 66  Total Score = 117,974.0

Club: BAWA

Comments:

First of all I must thank Ed, KG8CX for piloting us flawlessly through the
7 hour route, avoiding no less than three deer, but not missing many bumps
on the back roads. I really had your call, I just couldn't get the laptop
keyboard and my fingers in sync on some of those really bumpy stretches. This
year's weather was perfect, with clear skies, and the roads were a lot better
than last year. Interesting that we kept almost the same time along the
route as last year, which says something for Ed's skills on driving through
the snow drifts and icy patches last year.

The best news was the propagation was much better than last year.  We actually
could work in-state stations, which helped with the mults.  And there was
plenty of activity to keep the rate up the whole way.

Thanks to all who called us, and especially those who followed us from county
to county. In the log the most were N2CQ, W3BBO, and K5OT with 13 QSOs, NO4S
with 12, and AA4FU and K4AMC with 11. The top states were NJ 47, OH 42, and
TX 41.

Murphy only visited us once, when we put on the 80 meter antenna and quickly
discovered the 80 meter Hustler resonator was intermittent, driving the
auto-tuner crazy.  We managed to make a 75 meter resonator tune, and made
a few 80 meter contacts, but mostly S&P.  As it turned out, as soon as the
sun went down, 40 meters gave us all we could handle, and 80 was not
necessary.

It was a lot of fun, and Ed and I will be looking for you in the Michigan
QSO Party on April 16th as we cover the Upper Peninsula.

Jim K8IR
and Ed, KG8CX