[3830] WiQP W9HB/M M/M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP W9HB/M M/M Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:44:51 -0800
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: W9HB/M
Operator(s): W9HB-KF9D
Station: W9HB/M

Class: M/M Mobile LP
QTH: 22 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   27
   40:  514
   20:  112
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:          62
--------------------
Total:  653     62  Mults = 85  Total Score = 185,420.0

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to you guys for the QSOs!!  We had a ball.

The difference in 40 band conditions from 2004 were enormous.  In 2004 we
couldn't hear WI stations on hf unless we were passing their qth.  This year 40
meters was so good,  that I spent only a few minutes on 80 in the last couple of
counties.  We only got to 20 meters for a short period in each county.   On 40,
just before sunset, we had CU2JT and Wis mobiles all at the same time....what
propagation!!  Wonderful!  Never boring!
We did 22 counties.   Had hoped to make 23, but, even with good roads and wx and
only one short gas/bio break, we couldn't get into Rock before the clock struck
0100.
The frustration at having such pileups on 40 that I could not pullout a call
were many in the last 3-4 hours.  So many of the stations were at the same
signal level that it sounded like white noise.  Roger felt the same way.  Using
the rit to probe the edges of the pileups did allow me to pick out at least most
of a call, so was able to keep the rate at a decent level.  I didn't watch the
rate meter too much, concentrated on reading a call....hi-hi.

Stations in OH were our number 1 in qso count at 62,  MN 2nd with 55, TX - 38,
NJ - 36,  DX - 24.
Wisconsin counties worked Dane - 25 times, Milwaukee - 24, Marinette - 15.

Thanks again and hope we can do it again next year.

73,  HB/m