[3830] VaQP W4W(WA4PGM) Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] VaQP W4W(WA4PGM) Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:11:07 -0800
                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: W4W
Operator(s): WA4PGM
Station: W4W

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    -      -
   80:    -      -
   40:    -      -
   20:    -      -
   15:    -      -
   10:    -      -
    6:    -      -
    2:    -      -
  UHF:    -      -
--------------------

Club: Central VA Contest Club

Comments:

Horrible conditions for a Qso Party! Wish I could have found another
driver/operator for the contest other than Mr. Murphy. Plagued with SWR problems
on 40m throughout the trip not to mention hardly no short skip on the band.
Almost gave up after the SWR kept pegging out for whatever reason, but decided
to cut the route short and stay close to home in case the problems got worse.
The 80/75 hamstick worked great, the band was outstanding on Sunday night.
Finally some 40m short skip starting about 2PM on Sunday for a couple hours and
I was able to work a few VA counties. Tough conditions and I fell way short of
my goal but there plenty of time to get ready for the next one.

Kudos the Andy WV8AA of http://www.lastnamesoftware.net/ for the VA Qso Party
Software. Worked like a charm in the Mobile class!!

Gas prices $1.97(home) to $2.09 a gallon(Emporia)
Drove almost 350 miles roundtrip.
Weather was beautiful!!

Thanks for the Q's,
Kyle