[3830] BARTG TF3KX SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tf3kx@simnet.is
Subject: [3830] BARTG TF3KX SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:33:46 -0800
                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: TF3KX
Operator(s): TF3KX
Station: TF3KX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Nr Reykjavik, HP94
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:   27   27    13
   40:   75   75    39
   20:  159  159    59
   15:   54   54    25
   10:    0    0     0
------------------------
Total:  315  315   136  Total Score = 214,200

Club:

Comments:

Rig:  IC746, 100W
Ant1: Inv-V for 40-10m
Ant2: 9m long vertical for 80m
Software:  MMTTY for RTTY, N1MM for logging

Conditions started out extremely poor, but picked somewhat up on Saturday
afternoon.  On Saturday night I decided to pull out my new MFJ extensible fiber
pole (30ft/9m) to make a wire vertical and put up a temporary antenna for 80m.
Significantly better than my present 6m vertical and got me several 80m QSOs.

My wife had scheduled us to visits to friends/family for most of Sunday, but all
in all I managed 15 hours.  I ended up better results, more time and more fun
than originally planned for this contest.

73 - Kris, TF3KX (http://www.simnet.is/net/tf3kx)