[3830] WPX SSB W6QU(W8QZA) SOSB10 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W6QU(W8QZA) SOSB10 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:22:54 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOSB10 QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  74
------------

Club:

Comments:

Xcvr: FT 817 (5 Watts)
Antenna: Mosley TA33M tribander up 32 feet

I had less than half the Qs and less than half the prefixes that I had last
year, so it looks like the cycle is having its effect.

An amazing 78% of my Qs were in South America.  I only had 3 Qs in the USA,
which really hurt my prefix total!  2 were locals, and the other was in Florida.
 I usually have one or two amazing QSOs in a contest, but there were none in
this one.

I still love operating this contest, and finding that new "off continent
prefix".  Thank heavens that Argentina (as well as other countries) have such a
variety of prefixes!  When I was a kid 50 years ago, all the Argentina prefixes
were LU followed by a number.  But I think that almost every Argentina station I
worked in this contest had a different prefix!  ...and that was great!

I accidentally worked about 6 or 7 stations on 15 thinking I was on 10 meters.
I had to remove them from my 10 meter entry, and will submit a check log with
those Qs.  #*&%@!!!  Maybe I'll look into getting that data link to connect my
Xcvr to my laptop after all!

...Bill Parker  W8QZA qrp
   San Diego, CA