[3830] WPX SSB S57IIO(@S50A) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB S57IIO(@S50A) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:45:20 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: S57IIO
Operator(s): S57IIO
Station: S50A

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2123
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment used:
        FT1000MP + Alpha 87A
        5 el. YAGI and C31XR
        P4 Laptop with USB soundblaster for contest recording
        Writelog 10.52F

What should I say? Oh, yeah... Craaaaaaazy! Who think,
that 14MHz band can be so interesting. Well, location and
equipment sure helps...

For the first time I made the contest in the aligator mode,
since I stayed almost entire saturday on the same frequency
calling CQ. While on Sunday I changed it 4 times, but in very
short time, non productive QRMed frqs. With the listening
on SUB VFO and fast VFO changes I was able to made 70 Qs,
more Qs better score, but not this time. It was so nice
to hear while others are calling, so I was persuaded and
just CQed. We will know for later attempts...

ES5TV made one other contest, since I am short of 400 Qs,
200 mults, I only have half the number of europeans,
a third JAs, while I have double americans. QSO Points total
is less than 40 away, total score almost a million.
So what is the point? It seems that I prefer more americans,
than italians, but hey, I have only 17 I stations, and all
of them were so thin...

On the after contest question: "Did you work VK/ZL long path morning QSOs?"
actually I did not have the right answer. The band absolutely
deserves more time and devotion, than will be easy to comment.

Thanks to Tine, S50A.

Kristjan, S57IIO