[3830] EA RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] EA RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 09:17:10 -0700
                    EA RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:  107    44
   40:  283    83
   20:  289    89
   15:  201    75
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2843   291  Total Score = 827,313

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Note: the QSO Total is the points rather than the sum of the QSOs.

Thanks to the U.R.E. for sponsoring the Contest.  Also, thanks to all who were
kind enough to work me even after I asked for all the repeats.  The Contest got
a late start at this location due to a couple of thunderstorms that came through
the area about the time the Contest started.  Got started in the Contest about
one and half hours late.  Around six hours later another string of lighning and
thunder showed up.  And again, a couple of hours later, another chain of storms
cause concern for the station.  Each time the thunder was heard and the radar
indicated the storms were headed in this direction, the equipment was
disconnected.  Some good came from bad weather since during one of the "storm
breaks" I was able to get decent dinner rather than a sandwich and "junk food"
at the operating position under normal weather.

Bands were noisy at this location almost all of 2 April.  Even early on 3 April
they were noisy.  After 0630Z, the bands started to get back to normal as the
storms headed up to New England.