[3830] SP DX VE3QAA SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kimba@sprint.ca
Subject: [3830] SP DX VE3QAA SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 17:35:19 -0700
                    SP DX Contest

Call: VE3QAA
Operator(s): VE3QAA
Station: VE3QAA

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Ottawa
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:    7             6
   80:   37            13
   40:   76            16
   20:  162            16
   15:   65            15
   10:    0             0
---------------------------
Total:  347     0      66  Total Score = 68,706

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Got off to a bad start as a severe spring storm hit just as the contest started,
with high winds and bad precipitation static. Spent far too much time on 15m
trying to get as many multipliers as possible, as there was no guarantee 15m
would be open the next morning.

However, a good but short opening on 160m gave me a few Q's and 6 multipliers on
that band, which gave me a satisfactory score in light of local conditions and
low SS cycle propagation.

It would be nice if the organizers of the contest would introduce a club
competition, as this contest is becoming more and more popular on this side of
the Atlantic.