[3830] EU Sprint SSB EA5ON/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] EU Sprint SSB EA5ON/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:21:20 -0700
                    EU Spring Sprint, SSB

Call: EA5ON/M
Operator(s): EA5ON
Station: EA5ON/M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ontinyent
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   80:
   40:   2
   20:  75
---------------------
Total:  77    Total Score = 77

Club:

Comments:

Saturday was the wedding of EC5CPL, a very active member of our local contesting
fraternity. The idea was that myself and a few others would "do" the contest for
the first couple of hours from the mobile and give the groom a nice surprise
when he arrived at the church, but... between me getting the wrong church (I had
just assumed it was the one at the top of the hill, natural choice!) and some of
the other members having problems with their hotel reservations, I did the
contest on my own. Great fun as usual, shame that I broke my telescopic whip and
the antenna was leaning dangerously for the second hour. Had to make a sharp
exit just after QSYing to 40m when EA5DFV called me on 2m to tell me I was at
the wrong church......

Rig: FT897 Amp: ALS500M Ant: MFJ 1664 (10' whip)

Thanks to all for the contacts

73 de Duncan EA5ON