[3830] GaQP AA4LR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] GaQP AA4LR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:43:26 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GWIN
Operating Time (hrs): 9.7
Radios: SO2R

   80:   0       7
   40:   0     132
   20:   0     100
   15:   0       3
   10:   0       0
--------------------
Total:   0     242  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 50  Total Score = 12,100

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 KAT100 running 100 watts
K1KP-style homebrew voice keyer (1 message)
Kenwood TS-430S (receive only)

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S at 15m (20m, 15m)
80m doublet at 10m (40m, 80m)
Shunt fed 15m tower (80m)

Comments:

What fun! Who would have thought you could work 90% of WAS in an off and on bit
of radio play during an in-state QSO party? Worked all states but DE, LA, HI, NV
and SD. Called CQ for 90% of the QSOs. Total of about 9 hours in the chair -
some of this was calling CQ with no takers.

Band conditions seemed to be a bit poor. Nothing happening on 15m from here,
although I heard K4EA working stations there, I couldn't get anything going. 20m
was short early on Saturday, but then went long. 40m was the big money band --
and I don't even have a good antenna on this band.  Got on 80m late Saturday,
but the band seemed abandoned.

Noticed after the contest that I was spotted a few times on the cluster. Thanks
guys.

Best moment was working S51CK -- he was calling CQ Georgia QSO Party on 20m. Oh,
and HK3JJH called in three different times! That guy was everywhere.

A couple of guys asked me to go to CW, but I was doing Phone-only. Now I realise
there's no category for phone-only. Doh! Next time.

For a short while on 40m, NJ8J and I were just a couple of kilohertz apart on
40m.

Missed KU8E/M and W4AN, but worked K4BAI before they started the rover. I'm
guessing Jeff just wasn't on phone much.