[3830] EU Sprint CW DJ1YFK(@DL0TUD) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] EU Sprint CW DJ1YFK(@DL0TUD) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:15:09 -0700
                    EU Spring Sprint, CW

Call: DJ1YFK
Operator(s): DJ1YFK
Station: DL0TUD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Dresden
Operating Time (hrs): 3.75

   80:   49        0
   40:   64        0
   20:   46        0
---------------------
Total:  159   Total Score = 159

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Band summary only from my memory because I forgot the log at the clubstation.

Missed first and last 5 minutes due to acts of nature beyond control, and
another 5 minutes within the contest due to technical trouble.

20m was disappointing from central EU because of the long skip and extremely
annoying local noise, sometimes above s9 (depending on direction). Few EUs
within less than say 1000km, however worked JA, W1,2,4,7 and ZS. Thought about
quitting 30 minutes into the contest.
40m was a struggle against UA stations in their WHEM contest, but it was still
enjoyable, even with low power. 80m was noisy again but much less crowded than
40m. When I QSYed down to 40m, I was many QSOs behind the other usual
top-scorers in the LP category (like 9A7P, LY9A); at the end there was not much
difference left. Cannot wait to see their scores :)

Good activity from WWYC "LID"s (and other members as well); looking forward to
the next Sprint!

Go WWYC!