[3830] NewEngQP N4PN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4PN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N4PN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 18:02:53 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MACON, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Radios: SO2R

   80:     29        3
   40:     78       66
   20:    119      382
   15:     10        4
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    236      455  Mults = 67  Total Score = 61,037

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

NEQP just keeps getting better...Great job of activating all of the counties.
Would have been happy to repeat last years score of 48,173 points but early
on Sunday afternoon I passed that number. This year had 24 more CW Q's and 160
more SSB Q's...

Thanks to Jim, W1NY and his driver, Steve, N1SR who gave me the most contacts
with 27. Followed by ole faithful, Tom, K1KI with 18 Q's. Thanks to the other
mobiles who gave me the following: Brian, NJ1F (16); WA1Z (15); Doug, K1DG (11);
K1BX (10); W1XX (8); W3SM (8); Joel, N1JEO (7); Ron, KB1LXV (7); K1RJM
(6); W1GS (5); W1WEF (4); N1RL & AA4AK (3), Several with two Q's including
WA1IIE. (K1RJM was traveling from ME to NLN,CT and kept coming back on
frequency
when entering a new county...thanks as he was not in the contest.)

Thanks to Marty, K1PIG who took time on Sunday afternoon to go mobiling to
give me Franklin, ME which was one of my last three. Once he made it to the
county, I worked another Franklin county within three minutes of the contact
with Marty.

The next to last was Franklin, MA and thanks to NJ1F and W1NY got that one
twice within a short time of each other....Last one was Knox, ME. Thanks to
a lot of traveling for me by Ron, KB1LXV at 1730z....with six and a half
hours left in the party....not so much sweating this year for the SWEEP!

Think that whatever happened on Saturday when the NE stations sounded like
a group of UA0's, probably made for tough conditions around the U.S. but it
didn't seem to have much negative effect from here in Georgia. Heard from
K0HW in SD that he just couldn't get anything going. California must have
had a very difficult time of it.

After having won this contest before, I always have extra incentive as the
plaques are as good as it gets...they make a great addition to any ham shack.

The entire affair is first-class even though it's only a few years since the
beginning of the NEQP. From the promoting, the results, write-up and awards.

Thanks to all of those that made it happen again...and also, thanks to the fixed
stations also....

'Til the next one..

73, Paul, N4PN