[3830] NewEngQP K1RX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP K1RX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 07:53:30 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ROCNH
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:     91
   40:    185       39
   20:    182      201
   15:     16
   10:      4
------------------------
Total:    478      240  Mults = 78  Total Score = 83,720

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Poor conditions most times, amazing to switch from West to NE antennas on 40 M
to hear USA go from S9 to S3 and EU stations calling with S9 sigs.  First
semi-serious effort despite software problems.  Originally setup station for M/S
but no one showed up so entered the SOHP category.  With such poor conditions,
hard to hear many of the NE counties on the air.  The advantage goes to our
friends in W4 land.  Only when my old friend, Tom, K3TW asked me to QSY to 40 M
SSB in the last 10 minutes, did things really pick up!  Was doing 4 to 5 per
minute in that last kick to the finish!  And old friend N4PN called in then too.
 Nice surprise was to work my mentor, W1RU in Maine in the last hour on 40 CW.
Thanks!

Thanks for the many Q's on the bands.  Nice working Dennis, NB1B from NZ (Zl6QH
location) on the long path and short path on 20 M.  Too many distractions over
the weekend with Mother's Day so I missed him on 40 M.