[3830] Volta RTTY NC2N(EW1AR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, v49a@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY NC2N(EW1AR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 12:10:27 -0700
                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: NC2N
Operator(s): EW1AR
Station: NC2N

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NLI
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

   80:   37   160    13
   40:   98   993    35
   20:  246  4002    57
   15:   27   269    16
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  408  5424   121  Total Score = 264,490,512

Club: COCOSOLO SIBICHI CLUB

Comments:

It was my very First time to try "SO2R" setup.
What can I say.. It was HOT HOT from two Amplifiers sitting in front of me. Not
sure if I continue SO2R later on but if so, I will have to install an air
conditioner. It is too much heat for my small shack.
How much did I gain? I worked stations on 40 meters and tried to pulled them out
to 80 meters (using AA5AU's technology). I did work, I was surprised.
I must say that Almost everyone were willing to QSY. Considering my small
antenna setup and absent of an experience I did not gain much but at least 30
contacts out of 37 QSO's on 80 meters I made using SO2R.
I screwed up the serial numbers a couple of times, then figured out how to do it
right. Will try one more time during ANARTS Contest.
Also, had fun to see after several QSO's my score increased on 1 MILLION Points
after each QSO, woow:) Kinda inflated stuff, huh..
Would like to thank the sponsors of the Contest and all participants for
answering my calls.
Best 73's and see you in ANARTS Contest.
Andrei NC2N/EW1AR