[3830] InQP K8MR/M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] InQP K8MR/M Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:30:36 -0700
                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: K8MR/M
Operator(s): K8MR, W8DRZ
Station: K8MR/M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 24 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    0      0
   80:   56      0
   40:  506    189
   20:  134     16
   15:   14      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  713    205  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 53  Total Score = 195,770

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

By County:

     CW   SSB
STE  29     2
DEK  22     2
LAG  33    10
NOB  29    21
WHTL 30     7
KOS  36     5
MARS 26    15
FUL  43    29
MIA  18    25
CAS  33    17
CAR  43    22
CLI  32    15
BOO  26    11
HAM  32     0
TIPT 51     4
MAD  25     3
HOW  29     1
GRA  41     6
WAB  21     1
WEL  34     0
BLA  35     0
JAY  11     0
ADA  15     0
ALL  19     0

         CW  SSB
States   36   24
Counties 31   29     + 50 W9UUU bonus points

Mel, KJ9C, has been politely bugging me for several years to head over to
Indiana for their QSO Party. I knew I owed him for his efforts in Ohio in the
OQP. This year some usual schedule conflicts did not happen, and my wife was off
to spend mother's day weekend with our daughter at Ohio University, so my mobile
contesting partner W8DRZ & I decided to head west.

It was a pleasant drive out, including about 100 qsos from Ohio in the CHC
contest. We went through Bryan, OH, where DRZ got to show me all the landmarks
from when he lived there for a couple of years in the early 70's.

As noted by others, the band conditions were pretty good for the first 10 hours
or so. If we only had that much short skip on 40 during the MiQP last month!

The totals include about 80 county line qsos that we made. This was the first
contest I've operated with county line multiple qsos, and I suspect we could
have done better with that aspect.

I noted a number of qso party regulars who were missing in action but reported
significant scores in the NEQP or other contests.  I know the feeling from home,
that keeping two separate computer logs is a pain in the butt, so I've often
really only operated one contest and ignored the others.  If the software
writers can't come up with a fix, at least the contest sponsors should make up
and distribute combined setup files so people can operate both contests and (if
necessary) sort out the stuff later.

All in all, it was a fun day of mobile contesting.  If the Hoosiers can
guarantee conditions this good (as good as it was for the first part, that is)
we may well be back in the future.

CU all in Dayton!

Jim   K8MR