[3830] WPX CW WP2Z(WB0O) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb0o@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WP2Z(WB0O) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 16:45:49 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WP2Z
Operator(s): WB0O
Station: WP2Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KP2 (USVI)
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:    0
   80:   18
   40:  610
   20:  577
   15:  307
   10:  166
------------

Club:

Comments:

I knew this would be a part time effort from the start, since I am here
on St. Croix on my honeymoon :))) I was amazed when I asked my wife-to-be
where we should go, and she said she always wanted to visit the USVI. Over
the WPX, I mean Memorial Day, weekend. I called Randy Woodman and there had
just been a cancelation at WP2Z! The Radio Gods were smiling on me. I told
her the antennas on the roof in the photos were TV antennas to get shows
from Miami (not really, she knows all about my contesting obsession)
  Windwood is an amazing location, the pictures don't do it justice. All
the equipment worked flawlessly. There isn't any air conditioning however,
so I took off 9AM-5PM local on Sat/Sun to go to the beach with my wife and
she was happy. I missed most of the 10/15 EU openings, but it actually
would have been too hot to stay in the house. The trade winds do blow all
day through the house, but when the temp is 90F and the humidity is 80% and
the Alpha is cranked it is suffocating! 18 hours operating time was plenty.
  The USVI is an interesting place to say the least. The 10 days here have
been great, and since I am currently stationless, it was great to get back
on and run some pile-ups. The WP2Z QTH is for sale for $1.1M, I hope it will
be available in the future, it is truly a shrine to radio contesting!!!

73, Bill WB0O from Tucson, AZ