[3830] WPX CW W4EF(@W6UE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4EF@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W4EF(@W6UE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 21:42:31 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W6UE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: California
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   27
   20:  231
   15:    2
   10:
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wasn't planning on doing any operating this weekend, but then I saw the really
low auroral index number and the low A/K index numbers and decided it might be
fun to fire up W6UE on 20 CW for a few hours Friday evening after work. The 8.83
MHz 500 Hz IF filter in the club's TS950SDX was acting up again, so I switched
to the TS940S for the main radio and used the 950 to make second radio QSOs on
40 meters. Still have some RF in the shack on 20 meters that I need to clean-up
(my apologies to UX7IA for the unintelligible CW). Nice to make a few QSOs and
blow the cobwebs out of the station (and the operator).