[3830] WPX CW ES5Q(@ES5TV) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ES5Q(@ES5TV) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 06:31:44 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ES5Q
Operator(s): ES5TV,ES5MC,ES5QX,ES5RY,ES5JR,ES2RR
Station: ES5TV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Jogeva
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   80
   80:  384
   40:  930
   20: 1672
   15: 1143
   10:  813
------------

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

Lucky to get just over 5000 Qs, 1000 mults and 10m points that were our targets.
Just for two constantly manned stations - small M/2 - we consider the result
good, missing RU1A EU record by just 600 QSOs.

Great ES propagation to EU on 10 and 15m. Would have never imagined over 800 Qs
on 10m. Thus QSO point average of course quite poor. Only 768 US stations in
total on all bands...and 3442 EU.

Heavy thunder on Sunday morning and we were close to switching out the stations,
still it did not hit us:)

Huge thanks to ES5QX, ES5RY and ES5JR for spending the whole Friday lifting up a
new tower. The huge effort paid off! We got up 34m rotating tower with 3 stacked
JP2000 tribanders (3el on 20 and 15, 4el on 10). It gave us 2nd proper antenna
for high bands next to 45m high 4 x tribander stack. We had hard time even
standing straight after the whole day's work so ES5MC had to do most of the
operating the first night:) That stack is also a huge improvement for my SO2R
station as I did not have a proper 2nd radio high band antenna before!

Thanks for all the Qs and thanks for US guys for great write ups also
(especially LZ4AX of course:)! It is very fashinating and motivating to read
about the great adventures and bloody battles in the SOABHP category. So many
strong participants and such a fierce competition! Really makes me feel anxious
about getting back into the SO2R game as soon as the next chance pops up!

73
Tonno
ES5TV