[3830] WPX CW TE1W(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW TE1W(W8QZA) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:30:03 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: TE1W
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: TI5KD

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 35.7

------------
  160:    0
   80:    3
   40:  259
   20:  390
   15:  447
   10:   91
------------

Club:

Comments:

Antennas:

HF Quad up 25 Meters: 4 el on 10, 3 el on 15 & 20

KT34XA up 25 Meters

A3 Cushcraft tribander up 13 Meters, fixed on So America.

40 M 2 el quad pointed North
40 M 2 el yagi up 30 Meters

80 M Loop
80 M short dipole up 30 Meters

160 M Inverted V with apex at 30 Meters (Never used!)

Xcvr: Kenwood TS 940s with output set at 5 watts.

Thanks to Keko, TI5KD, for getting all his antennas working before the start of
the contest.

More than 80% of my Qs were S & P.  To my surprise, I actually worked a few
Europeans on 10 Meters.  My best Qs were ET3TK on 20 Meters, and having 7Z1SJ
come back to a CQ on 15 meters.

My best accomplishment was actually finding a hole on 20 Meters as the last hour
of the contest started, and holding that frequency against all odds to the end
of the contest for my best hour!

Thanks to all for the Qs!

Bill Parker  W8QZA  TE1W