[3830] ANARTS VA7ST SOST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ANARTS VA7ST SOST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:31:54 -0700
                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOST LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   17    38     6
   20:  217  3119    60
   15:   55   364    18
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  289  3521    84  Continents = 6  Total Score = 1,775,384

Club:

Comments:

Friday night and Saturday provided good conditions. Saturday night, heavy rain
knocked down my S8 power line noise to S1 and I took advantage of the good ears
to work as many stateside stations as I could (for the mults). 40M disappointed
-- very noisy and offering up just 17 Qs and 6 sections.

Sunday was rotten. Line noise was back, albeit a tiny bit better than usual
thanks to the damp after a day of rain. The solar event mangled the high bands
here (though 15M was surprisingly open to SA/NA on Sunday afternoon even when
20M was pretty much a wipe-out).

Worked hard to up the ante from last year's 687,000 points. Managed a million
points more than that with a little persistence and much rotating of the tower.
Kept an ear out for Africa, and managed to work CN8KD on Saturday in marginal
conditions -- then heard them S9 a few times later in the day.

ANARTS was my first RTTY contest in 2002. Sure have enjoyed all four times I've
worked this one. Will be back for more in '06.