[3830] ARRL June VHF W8RU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W8RU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:31:52 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  217   115  Total Score = 30,820

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The contest didn't start well.  We had a thunderstorm just before 1800utc
and the power went out for an hour.  Once the power came back I was able to
get on for about 30 minutes before losing two more hours to T-storms.  It could
have been worse, though, since there was no damage.  Did catch a small window of
Es to the Gulf coast on Saturday.

Conditions were mostly flat until 1900utc on Sunday when I found some CW signals
on 6m with Auroral flutter.  Man, talk about a lucky confluence of contesting
and a super Aurora!  Worked all over nothern tier of states on 6m, 2m, and 220
MHz.  The afternoon quickly melted into the evening.

My best June VHF effort ever, born out of an initially disappointing start.
Glad I stuck it out.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.  See you again through the summer and fall.

73,

Ron (W8RU).