[3830] DL-DX RTTY K4GMH SOAB-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] DL-DX RTTY K4GMH SOAB-24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 07:56:26 -0700
                    DL-DX RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB-24 HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:   34   260     6
   40:  128  1570    30
   20:  294  3995    54
   15:   88  1345    31
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  544  7170   121  Total Score = 1,283,430

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the DL-DX RTTY Contest Group for
sponsoring the Contest.  And thanks to all who
were kind enough to work me, especially during
the several hours the noise was exceeding S-7.

An excellent number of DX stations (from an East
Coast USA view) were on twenty meters at the
start.  This pumped up the enthusiasm for
operating longer than anticipated.  Eventually,
the lack of sleep from the previous day caught up
and kept me from operating the full 24 hours
(18 hours).

The S-7 to 9 "noise" seemed to start around 2000 Z
on twenty and forty meters and continued until
approximately 0500 Z.   Eighty meters always
seems to be noisy this time of year although no
thunderstorms were in the area for a this Contest.
Still, several European stations and Jose,
YV6BTF, were worked on eighty meters.  Patrick,
F6IRF, had a nice signal on eighty meters.

Again, thanks to the DRCG for your sponsoring
the Contest and to all who participated.