[3830] IARU 9A7P(9A6XX) SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hrle@ipazin.net
Subject: [3830] IARU 9A7P(9A6XX) SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:27:05 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: 9A7P
Operator(s): 9A6XX
Station: 9A7P

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Pazin
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    0     0       0
   80:    0     0       0
   40:    0     0       0
   20:  294     0      43
   15:  160     0      46
   10:    9     0       7
---------------------------
Total:  463     0      94  Total Score = 158,202

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

TS440S + 2L Quad

Great thing but Mr.Murphy just didnt want me to play. Summer WX really brings
troubles. Lightning storms and lot of rain in short periods every hour or so.
Even that didnt shut me down in any moment! When Murphy saw this wont be enough
and when I started slowly to check out lower bands I founded that low band wires
went crazy - at least they're still up. No way to climb the roof in such kind of
a weather and one-two hours off means not reaching a goal, so very mad I said
goodbye to the contest. As for the top of the Murphy's weekend fiberglass that
keeps wires on the Quad broke - accidently by my ham friends that were trying to
put up a Wireless AP on the same tower. From 12z saturday and all 6 bands
covered to 0 bands at 12z sunday.

As for the contest shape I was goodly in front of my personal best (950k) in
this contest in first 7 hours, meaning by the end of the contest I'd goodly
cross a million for sure and that means top 5 result - another reasons to be
sad.

On the 7th hour I had 14% more mults, 60 more qsos and 10% more QSO points then
in the 950k year result. Awesome DX rate and lot of zones - my avarage on 15m
reached 4.0 pts/qso and I had a good zone 08 and zone 29/30 rate on 20m. However
I think there was some big HQ stations missing. It's also unbeliveable I havent
heard DA0HQ, LZ0HQ (on air?), ES9A at all.

So, that's how my 10th participation IARU HF World Championship ended!

Hrle (22) - 9A6XX
http://www.rkp.hr