[3830] IARU W6RCL SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6rcl@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] IARU W6RCL SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:47:28 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W6RCL
Operator(s): W6RCL
Station: W6RCL

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): <12

  160:
   80:
   40:   78      4     18
   20:   61     34     19
   15:   27      9     12
   10:    3      6      6
---------------------------
Total:  169     53     55  Total Score = 32,789

Club: Hollywood hills QRP Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

QRP was a tough category in this contest, especially from the west coast.

Propagation was bizarre -- on 10M I could only work about 20% of the stations
heard.  On 40M I worked several ZL and VK stations (often on the first call),
but couldn't work Puerto Rico!!!  [The explanation must be the path --- over
water]!

I had a lot of 1 and 3 point QSOs.  Compared to last year, I had about 10% more
QSOs  yet only scored about 7% more total points.

Station:

FT-847 @ 5w
Force 12 C4SXL up 50 ft
TR-log software