[3830] IARU N4GN SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N4GN SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:49:36 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N4GN
Operator(s): N4GN
Station: N4GN

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: KY (zone 8)
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

  160:   16      5      7
   80:  115      7     25
   40:  249     59     41
   20:  412     54     60
   15:  162     39     36
   10:    8     22     11
---------------------------
Total:  962    186    180  Total Score = 611,280

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

I had really hoped to make at least a half-way serious effort in this one.  It
just wasn't meant to be.  I did a lot of traveling over twelve time zones this
week (DU1, JA1, W0, W2, W8 and VE3 just since Monday!), and it really caught up
with me.  I couldn't get to sleep at a reasonable hour Friday night, I knew the
station wasn't really ready, and I didn't have a very good attitude when I got
up Saturday morning for the contest!

So I pretty quickly switched to a "just have some fun" mode and plunked around
for a total of about 14 hours.  I had some nice DX call in--TF, SU, 5T, A4, etc.
 When 5H3HK called me on 40 at a little after 0100Z, he agreed to move to 20 and
then 15, where the band was still quite open.  Thanks for the three quick mults,
Mas!

Fine job from several of the HQ stations.  W1AW/5 and NU1AW/3 were everywhere!
Nice to see some of the new ones on this year too.

Maybe I'll be ready finally for this contest in 2007.  Just one year now until
WRTC 2006!

73,

Tim, N4GN