[3830] IARU K5NA(KI5DR) SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, spederson@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K5NA(KI5DR) SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:49:00 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): KI5DR
Station: K5NA

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   0       26     6
   80:   0      109    16
   40:   0      160    39
   20:   0      849    56
   15:   0      315    42
   10:   0       61    17
---------------------------
Total:   0     1520   176  Total Score = 797,280

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

The bands seemed in better shape on Friday night than they did on Saturday, but
it was nice to see some decent activity on 10m!

I got to work NU1AW/3 on all 6 bands, but missed W1AW/5 on 10m for the sweep.  I
probably spent more time S&P than I should have, but it seemed difficult to get
a decent rate going on 10 and 15m, so 20m was it - an almost endless stream of
stateside.  Best hour was 176 at 1500z, and short-term rate meters were up over
300 at times.  Due to Hurricane Dennis many stations seemed to stay well clear
of 14.300..I wonder if that explains the large number of Zone 8 stations
operating mobile - evacuating??  I certainly hope everyone is OK.

EU was decent except missing on 10m, SA on 10m was excellent.  No JA propogation
at all - I worked 3 Asia on 15m all weekend.  VK/ZL on 20m was excellent!  Even
worked VK1USA on multiple bands.  Even had some nice Africa conditions.

Many thanks to all the operators on the bands this weekend, and to K5NA and K5DU
for their hospitality and use of the superstation!

73!
Scott