[3830] IARU K6NR SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K6NR SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:37:27 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6NR
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Zone 6 California
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:    7      0      6
   80:   79     15     20
   40:  225     12     36
   20:  302    256     39
   15:   87     60     39
   10:   48     28     17
---------------------------
Total:  748    371    157  Total Score = 539,295

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Despite the lack of propagation to Europe (or to most places on 15 and 10), and
strong local power line noise, this contest was still a blast.  There is nothing
like working 11 band-modes over a 24 hour period to let you "feel the earth
turning" and remind you how radio works.

My thanks to the JA stations on 80CW who patiently repeated their calls
countless times so I could pull them out of the noise.

The electric company was out a few weeks ago and located 6 different sources of
power line noise on poles around me.  I am looking forward to being able to hear
again after they fix them (fingers crossed).

73,

   Dana, K6NR