[3830] ARRL FD W6YX 6F LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W6YX 6F LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:38:10 -0700

  903:
  1.2:            2
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  2717   4437    96  Total Score = 20,126

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Congrats to all participants for making a great W6YX Field Day! We were up on
the hill behind Stanford University, and had good weather and lots of
visitors.

We had over 35 participants, and more contacts than last year (7,250 vs 7,183).
That's terrific given we had two fewer transmitters than last year (6 versus 8).
Also, we are further down the sunspot cycle, leading to fewer contacts on 10m.
Twelve hours into the operation we were about 400-500 contacts behind our pace
of last year, so the team made up a lot of ground during the second half.

Our points are slightly down from last year, due to a shift in the mix toward
SSB vs CW contacts, and missing a few bonus points like Alternate power (dead
batteries) and NTS messages.

Six meters was a pleasant surprise, as we made 180 contacts using the club's new
7 element yagi.  We worked over 15 states and one DX station (Mexico).  Thanks
to everyone who helped get the new VHF/UHF tower and antennas in place!

A few exceptional contributions were:
Our big 20m operators: Tom ND2T, Mike N7MH and Denny KX7M.
Power distribution by Mark KE6FZS and Bob KC6SXC.
The super quiet generator from Stanford Department of Public Safety.
Publicity and coordinating with Public Safety by Ken KB6BPM.
Figuring out the satellite station by Bob KC6SXC.
Our GOTA station by KG6RYB, KB7JWM, W6GEM, K1SAT, KB9ZSU, WA6CKO.

You can see Field Day Photos in the "Gallery" at our website:
 http://www-w6yx.stanford.edu/

Mark "Mork" Aaker K6UFO
K6UFO@arrl.net