[3830] IARU VK1AA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk1aa@tpg.com.au
Subject: [3830] IARU VK1AA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:55:41 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VK1AA
Operator(s): VK1AA
Station: VK1AA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: QLD, VK4
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:     0    0       0
   80:    28    0      13
   40:   376    0      53
   20:   500    0      56
   15:   384    0      45
   10:    33    0       9
---------------------------
Total:  1321    0     176  Total Score = 1,088,560

Club: VKCC Australia

Team:

Comments:

Decided to operate using WARC- style antenna system:
A3SDX and 40/80m low dipole. Unfortunately 20m never opened to Eu long path,
15m opened to nowhere but JA / W6 and 10m was useless for the entire contest.
Still managed to improve my all-time QSO score by 3 contacts !
CW rules :-)

Highlights: being called by ZS4TX and TI0HQ on 40 meters and breaking EU pile
up
for YT0HQ and SN0HQ on 80m. Missed many "easy" HQ mults
by spending too much time cq-ing on dead 15/10m.

Overall I'm very pleased with 1321 Qsos considering very modest antennas
and difficult band conditions.

CU next year!

Nick VK1AA in zone 55
VK Contest Club http://www.vkcc.com