[3830] IARU N6RO SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N6RO SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:36:07 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.9
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   22             5
   40:  114            17
   20:   41             6
   15:   21             5
   10:
---------------------------
Total:  198     0      33  Total Score = 21,714

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Rather than try a competitive SOAB effort this time, I elected to call in
several NCCC friends, experienced in SO2R techniques, to run a clinic for our
club.  Goals were to introduce this SO2R art to those who had never seen it done
in real time; show high rate techniques, esp. on SSB; make a video recording of
the demos and practice sessions for NCCC members.  The SSB SO2R/HI-RATE DEMO was
done by N6BV, using the 20 and 15m stacks, Orion/765, CT, starting about 18Z.
Three hours later, the antennas were transferred to the 'CW bench', where K7NV
and myself did some oral introduction and live demos with two MPs and TRLog.
K6VVA  recorded pertinent sections of this, and it will be shown to our club
when the final product is edited/produced.  We had about a dozen SO entries
generated, ranging from five minutes to four hours long, with no regard to score
(just RATE!), demoing and coaching the newer guys. WX5S produced his usual
excellent Salmon and Chicken BBQ later in the day.  Wine furnished by WK6I and
N6RO.  In all, it was a fine contesting and social event.

A high point during the N6RO 20 minute CW demo, was working N3BB, back-to-back
on 20/15m.  These magic moments happen occasionally, and it was great to have
Jim's audio be a part of our up-coming video!  Jim made a great score, and
during the contest experienced something becoming a part of life for us 60+;
loss of family member or good friend.  Salute!- N3BB.  Check out his post to
contesting.com reflector.

CU all in the CW NS, Thursday, 0230Z.  Also NAQP RTTY practice tests 02Z, Thur.
and Friday nights.

KB, N6RO