[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-15) K3STX LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(7-15) K3STX LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:05:24 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (7-15)

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:
   40:   2
   20:  23
---------------------
Total:  25     Mults = 7  Total Score = 175

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

There seemed to be more activity, hence more pile-ups and I think I ended up
with LESS QSOs than the past few weeks! Also condx to CA/WA were great on 20,
but the skip prevented me from hearing South/Midwest (could barely hear K4BAI on
20).

Managed to get my dipole back up to 60 feet after it was destroyed by winds
recently. Alot easier to make QSOs on 20 M with a dipole at 60 feet than it was
using my 80 M vertical with a tuner (as I did last week, ouch).

Great fun. Thanks for the QSOs, I'm getting to know names/calls, and that is a
REALY big help.  See ya next week.

paul