[3830] CQWW VHF WD0T SOSB/6 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd0t@pie.midco.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF WD0T SOSB/6 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:50:32 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: WD0T
Operator(s): WD0T
Station: WD0T

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 5

    6:   2     2
    2:
-------------------
Total:   2     2  Total Score = 4

Club:

Comments:

Wow, its a great thing and I am thankful actually that I had work to do in my
garage during this contest, as it was REALLY slow.  I and my wife are in process
of cleaning out everything in prep for a move to the country.

I operated this contest FD style, and pulled up my sloping dipole with the top
at 25ft, and the 706MKIIG was connected to the pickup battery and was located
inside the engine compartment with the hood open.  I could hear any activity
that way while working in the garage.
Good news is a got the garage done, bad news is that the band was not good at
all here in central SD.  I worked my first station, W5GAI , at 1905 UTC
on Saturday, and didn't work another until Sat. eve at 0303(Sun. UTC) when I
was
blessed to work K4EA.  Only other station I heard all weekend was K5QE, and
couldn't get his attention.  I was going to try WSJT, had the cables, but not
the interfacing transformers (Buxcomm)- rats!
Well, I am praying that the September VHF is better, and that I will have any
antennas left, or even a place to hang them at that time!  Might have to go
portable again.  73, God Bless, Todd WD0T