[3830] CQWW VHF W2AJM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W2AJM SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 06:11:29 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W2AJM
Operator(s): W2AJM
Station: W2AJM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 13

    6:   93    43
    2:   17     8
-------------------
Total:  110    51  Total Score = 6,477

Club:

Comments:

After the antenna problem that stopped all my activity in the ARRL June VHF
QSO
Party, this was my first real shot at a VHF contest.  The start of the contest
was quite slow due to the lack of propagation.  Sunday morning started off with
several locals on both 6 and 2.  At approximately 1305Z, W4CHA/b and K4AHO/b
were in, and the fun really started.  Worked most of FL, GA, AL, TN, and the
Carolinas, with a few in EN41 off the side of the beam.  VP5JM was also worked
at 1530Z.  Went out to lunch around 1730Z, and turned the rig back on at 1815Z
to find another opening into the northern part of 4-land.  Got K0HA in EN10 on
6m right before the band closed up at 2019Z.  Spent the last 35 minutes on 2m
looking for a few more QSO points; W3DOG was a nice surprise from FM28 at
2029Z.

Overall, it was a really fun and exciting contest!  Maybe I will be able to work
a few contests from college this year...

rig:  IC-706MKIIG (75w on 6m, 50w on 2m)
2m antenna:  homebrew 7-element yagi, suspended from a tree at 12 feet
6m antenna:  homebrew 3-element yagi, standing on a mast above the deck at 13
feet

73,
Andrew - W2AJM