[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-29) K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(7-29) K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:40:01 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (7-29)

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:  17        ~
   20:  24        ~
---------------------
Total:  41     Mults = 13  Total Score = 533

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Finally broke through the 40 QSO barrier!  With 9 Qs in the 1st 5 minutes, I
started having early fantasies of a 50+ NS experience.  Then I turned up the 40m
RX volume and tried SO2Ring, and lost momentum for a while which put me in
temporary gridlock.

Somehow, I have to get the audio problem with 2 radios resolved, and figure out
a way to be able to key both radios with the paddles without having to *also*
manually push the buttons on my Radio Shack headphone switch box I'm using for
the keylines.  Apologies for any QRM I caused on 20m several times while I
*thought* I was sending on 40m ;-(

Nice to see even more new folks show up this week, including our own NCCCers
K6TA and W6OAT (Tnx, Rusty, for Q #41 :-)  Most interesting, since Ken, Rusty &
I were QRV together in Mexico some 30 years ago.  Small world.  I think this was
also the 1st NS for Bill, K4LTA.  Welcome one and all.

K8AJS was loud this week for a change, but 5-land signals were down from last
week.  I heard more mini-pileups than before, but also got beat-up in most of
them.

We had some discussion on the NCCC Net which followed the NS about maybe going
to a one-hour version when we launch the next NS series.  IMHO, the one tonight
went by wayyyyyy too fast.

Tnx to all for the QSOs!