[3830] IOTA N4PN SO24Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4PN@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] IOTA N4PN SO24Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:53:52 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: SO24Mixed HP
QTH: St. George Is., FL
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:   25       10       0       0
   40:  252       39       1       0
   20:  570       56     486      46
   15:    4        2       5       2
   10:    0        0       1       0
Total:  851      107     493      48  Total Score = 1,129,020

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Decided at the last minute to make trip down to Florida. Got on the island
about 6pm and started putting together my one and only antenna...a vertical.
Got it standing on a sand dune just before dark and just before the mosquitos
carried me away as there was no breeze to keep them away. Had some radials
left
over from the 160m vertical and didn't have time to measure them....just tied
them on the base and threw them out in the yard....when I checked the SWR it
was pretty good on all bands....I had bought this antenna at an estate sale
and didn't know then and still don't, as to who made it. Then I thought this
thing could't operate of 80m so I'll throw a string over the house and pull up
a piece of wire....but, the vertical did work on 80m.
Made a few contacts on 40m with no problem and had a small pileup into Europe
on Friday night, so thought things might work out....
I am pleased with the 1344 contacts....more than I expected but the IOTA NA085

didn't hurt either.
Had to shut down for several hours due to a big storm...
Thanks to all that I pulled out and sorry about many that were calling but
the QRN for most of the weekend was just too much.
Didn't work anything super rare but nice to have a few new mults call in like
ZK1, V73, & KG6DX.
Equipment:
FT1000MP, Titan 425
Ant: 80-10m Vertical with about 12 radials.
Logging with CT
73, Paul, N4PN