[3830] NAQP CW VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 23:10:30 -0700

Club:

Team:

Comments:

FT-920
Tribander at 45'
Pair of 40M delta loops
Single 80M delta equilateral loop
160M Inverted-L (70v 80h)

Figured conditions were poor at the start, but picked up on 20M as the day wore
on. 40, 80 and 160 were in good shape, with 40 showing super conditions even in
late afternoon here (usually it doesn't get cooking till well into the
evening).

Apologies to the fellow who asked if I could go to 160. At that time, in the
final hour, the 160 Inv-L coax was bundled up on the back fence and I didn't
think I'd benefit from unrolling it to the shack. Well, I tuned down there on
the 80M loop and heard a few stations. So, into the dark I went and five minutes
later, I was working 160. Great decision -- earned me 15 mults and 34 Qs I
wouldn't have otherwise had in the log.

Had to take 2.5 extra hours off for our 10-year-old's birthday party and the
commensurate visiting relatives. Burgers, good cake and a cold beer on a very
hot afternoon.

Super time had by all at this QTH, even at the bottom of the cycle. Score is way
up from last year's 12,600 points (175Q - 72 mults), and close to my best-ever
NAQP CW from January 2003's stellar conditions (60,564 pts on 412Qs and 147
mults).

All the best. See you in the next one.

-- Bud, VA7ST