[3830] NAQP CW WN6K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W.N6K@cts.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WN6K Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:39:20 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ca
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    2     2
   80:   63    22
   40:  167    44
   20:  189    46
   15:   30    11
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  453   127  Total Score = 57,531

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

As I look at the posted early scores, I can see that if you are not SO2R, we in
the triband backyard wire group are proof that contesting for the next few years
is going to be a lot like work eh?

We had some weather activity again this contest in the desert east of us and 20
sounded like 40.

Had a couple of stations move me to 15 but it was a virtual wasteland here.  10m
was for all intents and purposes on the moon.  W7CT was the only non-local and
he had a nice signal but if there was activity, it was not apparent.

I don't and won't have SO2R here and I can tell you that if it weren't for my
watching my scores from past performances, I would have been disenchanted when
comparing my score against SO2Rs'.  Just in a League of Their Own I'm
afraid...but contest organizers consider them the same as any of the rest of
us.

It is hard to get new blood (kids) interested in contesting when they look at
having to compete head to head with SO2R's and super stations.  I've got the
feeling that SO/AB/LP tribander SO-ONE-RADIO is going to be as rare as CW some
day. Soon it is going to be just SOxR's contesting.

WN6K - Paul