[3830] NAQP CW K7NV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7nv@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7NV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 13:01:07 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   46    14
   80:  100    29
   40:  227    47
   20:  254    51
   15:   34    19
   10:    5     4
-------------------
Total:  666   164  Total Score = 109,224

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Team #1

Comments:

Tough sledding on 10 & 15 meters. I listened to lots of q's getting made. Not
many involved me. After calling 10 times I'd move to the next guy and call 10
more times. Sometimes I couldn't get in the customary 10 because the station
disappeared into the noise.

I guessed wrong on one of my breaks and had to extend it due to a thunderstorm.
Disconnected everything and waited another 1/2 hour for it to pass. While
reconnecting the coax to the entry panel a connector came apart and had to fix
it. Just barely made it back on the air at the end of the hour break.

All afternoon and evening had big static crashes from the storms in the area.
Thanks for the fills!

The vfo on one rig started getting spastic, not tuning smoothly, that was
entertaining while s&p'ing with it as R2.
Couldn't do much real 2R on the high bands because one of my bandpass filter
boxes has two blown bands, so my two tribanders were talking to each other
pretty badly. Gotta fix that!
Things got more fun after I got to 20 & 40 and down.

At 03:00z I was 44 q's down from last year but made 53 more q's in the last
hours to get a slightly better score. That was fun.

Still don't do very well in this one here but the practice is fun.

Thanks for a good time.