[3830] NAQP CW AD5Q Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, quack@planetebay.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW AD5Q Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 16:21:29 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: AD5Q
Operator(s): AD5Q
Station: AD5Q

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   66    26
   80:   99    27
   40:  202    45
   20:  231    51
   15:   95    29
   10:   17     9
-------------------
Total:  710   197  Total Score = 139,870

Club:

Team:

Comments:

My main objective in this one was to try the N1MM software out - in SO2R. I also
had to spend a couple days getting my station back in shape for SO2R, as most of
my station maintenance efforts have been elsewhere lately. I spent about 6 hours
reading manuals and experimenting with software configuration. With 10 minutes
to go before the contest, I ditched the idea of contesting in Windows
(permanently?) and confiured the contest for NA again.

The contest began with 10 nearly dead and 15 slow - but rate didn't suffer
because 20 became the run band early. The big dissapointment here was 80. It
sounded great, and I had no trouble raising anybody I called on the 2nd radio.
The plan, however, was to not start running there until rates dropped on 40.
When they finally did, I couldn't buy a run of any kind on 80 where I might have
been successful earlier. It's hard to tell. My array has a very low takeoff
angle for DX, but there are usually periods in stateside contests where 80
starts to work (usually suddenly). My run band became 160, which was great.

The high point of the contest was when W4OC called me on 15 to move me to 10 in
the late afternoon. It was open, and I moved two additional W4 mults there.

Antennas (1 tower)
C4XL @104'
5el 10 @70 (fixed NE)
KT34XA @50' (fixed NE)