[3830] NAQP CW N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:39:07 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~7

  160:   23    14
   80:   76    30
   40:  128    40
   20:  176    43
   15:   98    30
   10:   25    16
-------------------
Total:  526   173  Total Score = 90,998

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC

Comments:

The home QTH has suffered "a series of unfortunate events" recently capped
 by failure of the front door lock Saturday AM. The bolt just would not
 open all the way even when pushed directly on the inside mechanism, so
 I had to unhinge the door to remove and then make a 90 minute run to get
 a replacement. That together with hauling dirt to fill in the hole in
 our driveway left by excavating a water line break fixed early in week
 left me with a weary none too positive attitude and a late start about
 1825Z.
   I noticed sporadic E immediately and shifted from 15 up to 10 where
 I managed a total of 16 mults, 2 were double hop CO and CA. Returning
 to 15 I was able to run at a decent rate which I'm seldom able to do in
 NAQP CW, but the mults were limited by poor F2 and no Rocky mtn 7's were
 worked. All the CO guys were quite weak, really unusual from here. I
 had to stop on 20 right at the peak of the Es to run my daughter to a
 party which took only 25 min, but the Es was much diminished by then.
 Around 21Z Es improved again allowing IL, IN, OH, many TN, and 5's to
 be logged in good numbers.
   By the time any meanginful activity moved down to 40, there was already
 a skip zone covering PA, NJ, MD, VA which hurt QSO chances. 80 and 160 were
 seas of QRN and activity down there was noticeably down from the Jan
 NAQP. Propagation was good on the lower 2 however and many more Q's could
 have been made had more stns been active and if I had not quit at 0250Z.
 It was getting a bit slow. It was nice to work all my PVRC teamates at
 least once, I believe.