[3830] NAQP SSB N5UM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5um@cox.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N5UM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:51:47 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oklahoma
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:   0      0
   80:   4      3
   40:  46     25
   20:  24     12
   15:   3      2
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  77     42  Total Score = 3,234

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Could only operate just short of 2 hours this time.  Had a couple of other
commitments, and also some nasty thunderstorms in late afternoon that hung on
most of the evening.   Was able to put up my Hustler 6BTV ground mounted (with
12 radials laying on the grass) since the NAQP CW and it made a big difference
on 20 and 40, switching between it and the attic antennas that I have.  I am in
a CC&R area here at the new QTH, so I could not have the vertical upright until
after dark - hopefully my neighbors didn't notice and turn me in to the
association patrol.

Sorry to the guys that asked me to go down to 80 and that I couldn't work there.
  I didn't have the vertical tuned for the phone portion of the band, and my
short 80 meter dipole in the attic just won't make me loud enough for a phone
contest :-(

Not sure who else might have been on for OK -- was surprised at how many told me
I was a new mult late in the contest.

73,  Al N5UM