[3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) K4BAI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:33:10 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (8-26)

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:29
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0        0
   80:   5
   40:  17
   20:  22
---------------------
Total:  44     Mults = 14  Total Score = 616

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP x 2 (SO2R), TH6DXX at 50', zepp at 40' on 40 favors north and north
east;
dipole at 40' on 40 favors west; inverted vee on 80 apex at 45'.  This equals my
highest previous score and my highest previous multiplier count.  I also heard,
but did not work, MA (NB1B) and heard someone working N5VI in GA, which I also
did not work.  So, at least 16 multipliers were available this time.  This was
the second time I actually looked for QSOs on 80 and the first time I made QSOs
on 80.  I think all 5 were in MS or TX.  20 M seemed to drop out after the first
15 minutes.  40 was pretty good for the whole period, but the skip zone was
beyond TN, GA and MS, although I was able to work N4OGW on 40 twice, I think.
Got W4NZ in TN on 20 backscatter or ground wave or something other than skip.  I
heard and called K7NV on 80, who had a good signal there, but he answered K6XX
instead.  It was good to hear Paul, K3STX/4 QRP in Virginia on 40.  Think first
time for a VA mult, but missed his usual MD mult this time.  Hope everyone had
as much fun as I did.

Many thanks for the many expressions of concern about my wife's surgery last
Friday from NS participants, both by e-mail and on the air.  Her surgery went
well.  The surgeon removed the large polyp, a small part of the small intestine,
a large section of the large intestine, and the appendix.  He had her up walking
on Saturday and she came home on Tuesday.  Tuesday night the lab report came in
as benign, but they say it would have become malignant if not removed.  The
surgery was performed laparascopically, so the incisions are small and her
recovery period is estimated at 3 weeks rather than 6 weeks.  Now, she is sore,
but doing well and is going stir crazy with being unable to work and staying
home all the time.  She is to see the doctor next Thursday.  Again, thanks for
your prayers and thoughts.

This highlights how important it is for everyone to have a colonoscopy at age 50
and at recommended intervals thereafter.  This was Weesie's first such at age 59
and it was her suggestion to her physician at a physical in May.  She had
absolutely no symptoms.  This is how to catch colon problems early and avoid
many colon cancer deaths.  We hope you will all suggest it to your physicians if
they don't initiate the suggestion themselves (that is those of you who are over
50).

See you all next week.

73,

John, K4BAI.