[3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) K3STX/4 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) K3STX/4 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:04:19 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (8-26)

Call: K3STX/4
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX/4

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:
   40:  11      0.5
   20:
---------------------
Total:  11     Mults = 6  Total Score = 66

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I brought my little Small Wonder Labs SW40+ transceiver, my paddles/keyer, and a
40 M dipole with me on my family vacation to Virginia Beach, VA this week. Set
up the dipole as an inverted vee with apex at about 30 feet and one leg going
over our rental house (center support was a swimming pool scooper duct-taped to
the deck railing).

My oh my QRP is hard in a Sprint. And I was limited to 40 Meters. The rig is not
calibrated, so I hope I did not violate the 1 kc rule (I certainly did not do it
intentionally).  I am glad I have a 100 watt rig and a real antenna at home, the
difference in being heard makes me think a 1 KW amp might be a useful addition
to the shack.

Thanks for hearing my 2 watt signal, and hopefully I was consistent sending the
call as K3STX/4 and not just K3STX; old habits die hard.

paul