[3830] NCCC Sprint(9-2) N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(9-2) N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:29:03 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (9-2)

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0
   80:   2
   40:  18
   20:  38
---------------------
Total:  58     Mults = 17  Total Score = 986

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

What a rush!  Conditions on 20 were superb.  40 was good but noisy.  80 seemed
flat here.

I worked to try to get in a groove as follows; (1) find a station to call, (2)
get called by a second station to complete a couplet, (3) send an inactive radio
CQ during the exchange being sent by the station in #2 above, and get a call for
a QSO on the "other" band. Then repeat #1.  This "threesome" worked well at
times, especially during the second ten minute segment on 20 (main band) and 40
(secondary/inactive) band.  I always tried to be sending a CQ on the "inactive
band" until I could find a station to call to begin a #1 step above.  Some
times, I would make several such "inactive band" QSOs until I could find a
station to call on the "main band."

The calls become very familiar in the NS, and I could usually tell from the last
letter who was signing and ready to be called.  Since we could work dupes
(except for the very last QSO) I was successful in calling many stations who
were signing, after hearing only the final letter of their call.  Tonight, it
seemed there always was some one who was signing just when I was looking for a
station to call, so the rhythm and mojo were good.

QSO rate per ten minute segment:

1st ten: 17
2nd ten: 23 (personal record)
3rd ten: 18 (pretty good, but I lost concentration toward the end.

Mults worked in order: WA, GA, CA, TX, VE4, NV, DE, MA, MS, IN, FL, VE3, VE7,
OH, TN, OR, MD

Most frequently worked: 4X (NG7Z, K7NV), 3X (K6TA, N4OGW)