[3830] OhQP K8NZ Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nzharps@aol.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP K8NZ Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 06:58:30 -0700
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: K8NZ
Operator(s): K8NZ, W8CAR
Station: K8NZ

Class: Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   92      0
   40:  361     54
   20:  215     27
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  668     81  CW Mults = 73  Ph Mults = 45  Total Score = 167,206

Club: Lake County ARA

Comments:

We had a great Saturday driving through the corn and soy fields of Northwestern
Ohio. Conditions were the best in recent OQP history and and activity was
superb.

Our strategy was to drive into a county, stop and operate for about 30 minutes.
As the piles dwindled, we drove for the next border and tried SSB on the way. We
spent a lot of time with the van in "idle mode."

The plan was to activate 16 counties. A wrong turn by K8NZ cost us 15 minutes
during the last hour of the contest. We actually crossed the OTTOWA line as the
contest ended.

Congrats to K8MR, W1NN and AF8A for their FB rover and mobile scores. Thanks to
all for the Q's.

73,
Ron, K8NZ
Dan, W8CAR