[3830] NA Sprint CW N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:31:53 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.00

   80:   46
   40:   94
   20:   60
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

True ham effort.  At sprint-3 hours looked up in the redwoods -- no antenna, no
20 or 40 meters! Gone. Squirrels nibbled line in bay tree for 2nd time in 7
years.  My very cooperative neighbor was fine with last minute tree expedition,
so began work at Sprint-90 mins.  Involves going 20 feet up on a ladder, then
using a 35' pole w/ pulley at end to loop line over branch.  Biggest challenge
was to stay totally safety aware and not take shortcuts - didn't wear my watch
for that reason. Did I mention the nest of honey bees at the base of the tree?
Execution was flawless, and I was in the operating chair at Sprint - 2 minutes.
Only glitch was pulling in the wrong WL template, which called CQ NS instead of
NA. I guess that was a couterpoint to those who called cq na during our NS.

Good contest overall, but took me a while to settle down, as didn't get in my
usual 3 mi slow run pre-contest.  My first thought was to call Ed, our team
leader, and have him pull me off NCCC #2.

73 Bill n6zfo

73 bill n6zfo