[3830] NA Sprint CW N2IC HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N2IC HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 06:15:26 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   89
   40:  139
   20:  122
---------------------

Club:

Team: Azenmokers

Comments:

Took a lightning hit on Tuesday, and spent the rest of the week evaluating and
diagnosing what was broken and how the lightning got in.  Most of the damage
came in on control cables, which is pretty amazing since there was no physical
connection between the bulkhead that terminates all cables from the towers, and
the cables that run to the ham shack - 6 feet of air gap separates the two.

Scrambled to put together 1 radio, 1 amp, a new computer and a few antennas for
the Sprint. 3 band changes.  I was very happy with the results, especially the
multiplier total.  I guess it's just luck, and not SO2R that brings in the mults
!

Condx were surprisingly good, considering how disturbed the ionosphere was.  20
was odd the first hour - the 4's and 9's were S9++++, and everyone else was S1,
with very poor backscatter.  Came back to 20 around 0220Z, and it seemed
improved, with some good short-skip.  40 and 80 were normal for September.
Fortunately, the almost-daily thunderstorms waited until 05Z to arrive.

Thanks to all for the good activity and the nice multiplier turnout !

73,
Steve, N2IC