[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K8MR/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K8MR/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:23:09 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  74     32  Total Score = 2,368

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This was a Sunday only effort surrounding a trip to the Findlay OH Hamfest.

Unfortunately the antennas took a tumble in a rough road construction zone in
Cleveland at 6 am, damaging the 6 meter mobile loop.  So it became 2 meters only
while moving.

We had planned to visit EN70 and EN71 after the hamfest, but from the setup in
the parking lot in Findlay (EN81)we found very little activity, so we decided
the extra side trip was not worth the effort.

At the hamfest we were parked directly behind the NE8I rovermobile, but never
met him, and he had left by the time we stopped back to set up the fixed
antennas, so no qsos.

I still have a long way to go before my VHF mobile setup is up to par with my HF
mobile contesting.  But we learned a few lessons to be fixed before the next
time.

73  -  Jim  K8MR