[3830] NA Sprint CW K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K4BAI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:11:31 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 3:58
Radios: SO2R

   80:   80
   40:  135
   20:   68
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SSC - Southern Sprint Coalition

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW output, TH6DXX, zepp, dipole, inverted vee.  SO2R used
for first time in this contest.  Think it was counterproductive.  Beam indicator
hasn't worked accurately in years.  Discovered when I went outside to get the
newspaper Sunday morning that the beam had been pointed SW instead of NW.  No
wonder 20 M seemed to falter badly when the contest started...just after I had
set it NW, I thought.  40 and 80 were pretty good, except the QRN was bad on 80.
 Was unable to copy information from K6XT on 80 and maybe a few others.  Need a
receiving antenna, I guess, but little room in yard.  Burned out a capacitor in
one of the bandpass filters when I changed to 80 for the fist time and forgot to
switch filters.  73, John, K4BAI.